Thanks to Mike for preparing these meeting notes:
Good turnout - 15 or so and a good mix of job-seekers and job-helpers
Next meeting is scheduled for April 15 11:00 AM at Panera Blvd. of the Allies in Oakland.
Meeting notes will be available on AMA Pittsburgh blog for access to all interested.
Suggestions/Questions from Group
- Anyone familiar with Papen? Local weekly job group meetings North/South split. $10 contribution. More info at www.papen.us
- Kiran Shetty has a lead on medical product marketing positions in eastern PA - Contact Mike if interested.
- Attended Diversity Job Fair Tues Mar. 24th - a waste (Anyone know of any job fairs that would be of interest to more experienced job seekers?)
- Attended Pink Slip Party @ Mullaney's. Got lead on George Swanik III - Action Mode.com career development
- Leukemia Society organized party w/$10 donation. Contact Megan.firstname.lastname@example.org 412-697-2863
- Pittsburgh Business Times has a free SmartReader Strategies Seminar on April 3 from 8:30-10:00 AM
- Westvac career event April 22nd (If you have more details on this event, please leave them as a comment to this post)
- Volunteer opportunities posted to AMA Pittsburgh site for board.net and Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council
- TIE.org Pittsburgh Chapter has a Power Roundtable scheduled for April 8th. Free for TIE member/$30 for others
- Innovation Works was mentioned as a source for events but none listed on site for 2009 (If anyone has more details, please let us know)
- Dave Roberts will research upcoming job fairs, etc. from his former employer (Thanks Dave!)
- Business Leads Exchange meets monthly for lunch - $15
- Vista Print is a source for free business cards
If you have any topics or comments, please feel free to submit them to the AMA Pittsburgh blog. Don't forget the Hyde Park Happy Hour networking event is tonight.
Apr 9 - Green Marketing Summit
Apr 15 - Job Hunting Support Group